joy in link form
July 22, 2010
what I’m doing/reading/enjoying elsewhere on the internet…
- Emily Henderson is one of the contestants on HGTV’s Design Star, and I love reading her blog for behind-the-scenes commentary about each episode. Her writing voice is also so friendly and funny–you will love reading it.
- “The only way to have a truly offbeat wedding is to do what you like. Because if you’re keeping up or rebelling someone else’s status vision, you’re wasting your time and resources.” Ariel (of Offbeat Bride fame)’s take on being an offbeat consumer.
- If I was a diamond girl, I would totally go for this black oxidized silver diamond ring. Baaaaad ass.
- 20 things I wish I’d known at 20 from Mighty Girl–this post is not another dose of typical “live, love, laugh” advice and actually made me think about what I might be forgetting to focus on in my own 20s. It made me laugh.
- An easy handmade corsage necklace on Design*Sponge
- Anyone else ever dye their hair Cotton Candy Pink? I did right before our family photos when I was fourteen–my mom probably wasn’t pleased but she wisely brushed it off. Reading The Story Behind Manic Panic brought back lots of Cotton Candy Pink memories!
- Alice’s favorite song
what are you into these days?
p.s. giveaway tomorrow!