goodies for good: photos from our vegan bake sale for japan!

After the earthquake and tsunami disaster in Japan, some of my friends started planning a bake sale to benefit the relief efforts which was held today at What Cheer. We started with tables and tables packed with donated treats, and with over 300 RSVPs we sold out of food in about three hours.

Cookbook author Isa Chandra Moskowitz signed copies of her books and volunteers from all over the city came to donate baked goods and time. Several restaurants and bakeries donated treats, and What Cheer (our neighbors in the Mastercraft Building!) played host. After all was said and done that afternoon, we were able to donate over $3,000 to Shelterbox, to benefit the victims of the disaster in Japan.

Amazing photographer and cool dude Justin Limoges took these photos during the day.

I love living in Omaha and I keep getting prouder and prouder of our community. Thanks again to Justin Limoges for these photos. This is going to be an amazing year for us.

+ two = 8

11 thoughts on “goodies for good: photos from our vegan bake sale for japan!”

1. Gary says:

Princess Lasertron, would it be ok if I used a “large thumbnail” version of one your awesome photographs in a 2011 Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale highlight page?

Thanks! No pressure!
    Gary

1. Hi Gary! Sure thing! Just be sure to credit Justin Limoges for the photo. xo

2. jenna says:

I wish I would have known! I would have stopped by to get some goodies!

3. Christina says:

I have the sudden urge to bake! That’s awesome you were able to raise that much money. Thanks to you and everyone involved for your hard work.

4. kim* says:

lil elfie is such a tot. and i would have gone to your bake sale, wow looked awesome, good job!

5. Missy says:

Stuff like this makes me proud of Omaha too! I love living here too (not all the time aka how long it took us to get Trader Joe’s but for the most part *lol*). Yummy stuff for a good cause…can’t go wrong there.

6. Ani W says:

What an awesome thing to do! I have friends who live there…so this is nice to see that other people are helping a country I personally love so much! Thank you!!

7. georgia says:

My dad lives in tokyo, and he said its been a crazy time out there, but getting better.

Good work :o)

8. sarah says:

amazing-ness:) everything looks so delicious

nine − 6 =

Tuesday Bassen x Hello Holiday launches TODAY!

We’re SUPER excited to announce our collaboration with L.A.-based illustrator and designer Tuesday Bassen launching TOMORROW, February 13. Our local customers in Omaha, Nebraska can come to our showroom and offices at 5008 Underwood Avenue to meet Tuesday (who’s flying in from L.A.!) and get a free limited-edition HHxTB tote bag with any purchase from the collection.…

Startup Weekend Nebraska: Sign up time!

I’m excited to be on the organizational team for Startup Weekend Nebraska along with a bunch of other heavy hitters from the region, and it’s finally time to sign up and get your tickets! Startup Weekend Nebraska is a 54-hour event in which developers, designers and marketers pitch ideas for new products or companies, form…

Airbnb Loves Omaha <3

Right now I’m at my apartment folding and ironing sheets during my break at work to get ready for an Airbnb guest I have coming this Thursday. Her name is Jillian and she’s an event coordinator who is coming to Omaha to scout locations for a big project she’s working on, and I can’t wait to get to know her better while she’s crashing in my second bedroom.

Single Dating

One thing that you have to accept when you date someone with a child is that that child will always come before you. She will always be the most important person to the parent you are dating. Before I had a child, I probably never would have dated a parent, because I definitely wanted to build a life with someone who could go all-in with me. I wanted someone who I could have all to myself, to grow together, focused on each other.

What would you do with a billion dollars?

Lately Sarah and I were talking about how much a million is, how much a billion is. The most striking thing I read recently that put it into perspective was that a million seconds is about a week and a half, but a billion seconds is nearly 32 years. Sarah asked me, what would I do with a billion dollars? Some people are billionaires. So some people must really think about this.