A few months ago we did the flowers for Annie and Sheldon’s wedding. She fell in love with our woodlands bouquet for her backyard wedding in Montana, and we made a special version for her in soft wool felt, tweeds, and added some other natural details using wood buttons and pussy willow branches. I was so excited when Annie sent me her photos and I know you guys are gonna love them. Annie and Sheldon’s wedding was photographed by four of their friends in attendance.
With their two children, Annie and Sheldon held their wedding in Annie’s parents’ backyard, and created an amazing experience for their guests on an incredibly modest budget of under $5000. Their simple and beautiful decor made such a memorable impact–for example, the white plates and hobnail vases against the beautiful fabric on the tables, the lanterns on the tree branches, and especially the photo garland around the trees by the firepit–talk about the perfect DIY photo spot! Enjoy these photos and check out how Anne and Sheldon pulled their dream wedding together without breaking the bank.
Annie also shared her ten favorite things about their lovely day.
- It was held in my Mom and Dad’s backyard and the weather was perfect
- All the people we love in the same place– the two little ones in the pictures belong to the groom and I, so our fam and friends had been waiting for this day for a while. Our 5 year old son still refers to the wedding as “our wedding”– it was very family oriented and we involved the kids in everything.
- The meal was vegetarian (and no one missed the meat!).
- Decorations such as: vintage vases and containers for table decoration– with succulents and wildflowers that were picked the morning of the wedding near the site. I also loved how the tree photo displays turned out.
- Princess Lasertron flowers that are not only divine but are now lifelong keepsakes…
- Our very personal ceremony that the groom and I wrote was performed by our friend who is not a preacher or anything but was ordained online a month prior.
- The handsome groom doubled as the DJ– he is a wedding DJ on the side in real life!
- All of our friends really came through to make things happen… we really felt the LOVE! You were the only vender that we hired and did the entire wedding for under $5K! Our friends made beer, designed the invitations and guest book, made the arch for the ceremony, were the photographers, catered the dinner, made cupcakes, set up and cleaned up, and much much more. We are forever grateful.
- A doe showed up across the pond in the middle of the ceremony , if that’s not good luck I don’t know what is. Ha!
- All of it together was my dream wedding!
Thank you again for these photos Annie, thank you to your friends for capturing your day, and all the best to you and your husband.
See the bouquets and boutonnieres we made for Annie and Sheldon’s wedding here in her Flickr set and see more of their professional photos below!