outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar

Posing in a cat calendar was never on my bucket list, but maybe it should have been! Omahype, a local website that promotes all the cool stuff going on in the arts scene here in Omaha (their office is in my building!), recently put out their first annual cat calendar with photographer Daniel Muller. The calendar features photos of Omaha artists, business owners and musicians as well as, of course, their cats.

I love the picture that ended up in the calendar–it’s in our bedroom shot through my vintage mirror, and shows my racks of dresses behind me. But here are a few outtakes from the shoot Dave and I did with Daniel Muller along with our cat, Turbo. He’s a four-year-old tabby cat.

The calendar also features tons of other cool people with their cats, like Rachel Jacobson, founder of Film Streams, vegan chef and author Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Nate Welker from Saddle Creek Records, and more. If you want to purchase a calendar, they are available online for $20!

Me: Nanette Lapore dress, Odille blouse, FCUK sweater, Target socks
Dave: Kitty jammies

− 4 = two

7 thoughts on “outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar”

1. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger/cat costume!
    Love the shot with Dave draped over the chair, in a very cat like pose, looking at Turbo, in a very catlike way, and the very fun shoes, placed just so, in a very Megan like way!

1. @mrlasertron says:

costume? those are my pajamas.

2. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger

3. MrsJaxies says:

I love you. I love Dave.
    I -like- Turbo, but he did puke for me that one time.

4. Laurie says:

Too cute!

5. Mary Beth says:

HAHAHAHAAHAH.
    I’m not a cat person, but those pictures are funny.
    Especially that big cat in the last one…..

6. taryn says:

what an awesome thing!

1 × nine =

Tuesday Bassen x Hello Holiday launches TODAY!

We’re SUPER excited to announce our collaboration with L.A.-based illustrator and designer Tuesday Bassen launching TOMORROW, February 13. Our local customers in Omaha, Nebraska can come to our showroom and offices at 5008 Underwood Avenue to meet Tuesday (who’s flying in from L.A.!) and get a free limited-edition HHxTB tote bag with any purchase from the collection.…

Startup Weekend Nebraska: Sign up time!

I’m excited to be on the organizational team for Startup Weekend Nebraska along with a bunch of other heavy hitters from the region, and it’s finally time to sign up and get your tickets! Startup Weekend Nebraska is a 54-hour event in which developers, designers and marketers pitch ideas for new products or companies, form…

Airbnb Loves Omaha <3

Right now I’m at my apartment folding and ironing sheets during my break at work to get ready for an Airbnb guest I have coming this Thursday. Her name is Jillian and she’s an event coordinator who is coming to Omaha to scout locations for a big project she’s working on, and I can’t wait to get to know her better while she’s crashing in my second bedroom.

Single Dating

One thing that you have to accept when you date someone with a child is that that child will always come before you. She will always be the most important person to the parent you are dating. Before I had a child, I probably never would have dated a parent, because I definitely wanted to build a life with someone who could go all-in with me. I wanted someone who I could have all to myself, to grow together, focused on each other.

What would you do with a billion dollars?

Lately Sarah and I were talking about how much a million is, how much a billion is. The most striking thing I read recently that put it into perspective was that a million seconds is about a week and a half, but a billion seconds is nearly 32 years. Sarah asked me, what would I do with a billion dollars? Some people are billionaires. So some people must really think about this.