outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar

Posing in a cat calendar was never on my bucket list, but maybe it should have been! Omahype, a local website that promotes all the cool stuff going on in the arts scene here in Omaha (their office is in my building!), recently put out their first annual cat calendar with photographer Daniel Muller. The calendar features photos of Omaha artists, business owners and musicians as well as, of course, their cats.

I love the picture that ended up in the calendar–it’s in our bedroom shot through my vintage mirror, and shows my racks of dresses behind me. But here are a few outtakes from the shoot Dave and I did with Daniel Muller along with our cat, Turbo. He’s a four-year-old tabby cat.

The calendar also features tons of other cool people with their cats, like Rachel Jacobson, founder of Film Streams, vegan chef and author Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Nate Welker from Saddle Creek Records, and more. If you want to purchase a calendar, they are available online for $20!

Me: Nanette Lapore dress, Odille blouse, FCUK sweater, Target socks
Dave: Kitty jammies

six × = 42

7 thoughts on “outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar”

1. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger/cat costume!
    Love the shot with Dave draped over the chair, in a very cat like pose, looking at Turbo, in a very catlike way, and the very fun shoes, placed just so, in a very Megan like way!

1. @mrlasertron says:

costume? those are my pajamas.

2. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger

3. MrsJaxies says:

I love you. I love Dave.
    I -like- Turbo, but he did puke for me that one time.

4. Laurie says:

Too cute!

5. Mary Beth says:

HAHAHAHAAHAH.
    I’m not a cat person, but those pictures are funny.
    Especially that big cat in the last one…..

6. taryn says: