outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar

Posing in a cat calendar was never on my bucket list, but maybe it should have been! Omahype, a local website that promotes all the cool stuff going on in the arts scene here in Omaha (their office is in my building!), recently put out their first annual cat calendar with photographer Daniel Muller. The calendar features photos of Omaha artists, business owners and musicians as well as, of course, their cats.

I love the picture that ended up in the calendar–it’s in our bedroom shot through my vintage mirror, and shows my racks of dresses behind me. But here are a few outtakes from the shoot Dave and I did with Daniel Muller along with our cat, Turbo. He’s a four-year-old tabby cat.

The calendar also features tons of other cool people with their cats, like Rachel Jacobson, founder of Film Streams, vegan chef and author Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Nate Welker from Saddle Creek Records, and more. If you want to purchase a calendar, they are available online for $20!

Me: Nanette Lapore dress, Odille blouse, FCUK sweater, Target socks
Dave: Kitty jammies

nine × 9 =

7 thoughts on “outtakes from our shoot for Omahype’s 2012 cat calendar”

1. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger/cat costume!
    Love the shot with Dave draped over the chair, in a very cat like pose, looking at Turbo, in a very catlike way, and the very fun shoes, placed just so, in a very Megan like way!

1. @mrlasertron says:

costume? those are my pajamas.

2. Michele says:

DAVE!!! How cool of you to don the tiger

3. MrsJaxies says:

I love you. I love Dave.
    I -like- Turbo, but he did puke for me that one time.

4. Laurie says:

Too cute!

5. Mary Beth says:

HAHAHAHAAHAH.
    I’m not a cat person, but those pictures are funny.
    Especially that big cat in the last one…..

6. taryn says:

what an awesome thing!

8 × six =

What would you do with a billion dollars?

Lately Sarah and I were talking about how much a million is, how much a billion is. The most striking thing I read recently that put it into perspective was that a million seconds is about a week and a half, but a billion seconds is nearly 32 years. Sarah asked me, what would I…

2014, in list form.

Wise people always say not to focus on the negative. It turns out that that's good advice, because there's a lot of positive out there. I was in a depressy mood last week depressing to my friend/advisor/midnight oil hero Jason about something I typically depress about, and when we started talking about what was good this year instead of bad, it felt like a much more successful year. Wildly so. Adventurous. Daring. Extraordinary. Fortuitous. And not nearly all work-related. My intention for 2015 is "less surviving, more living," but I sure did squeeze a lot of life out of the past year or so. 2014 is going down in history. Why not make a list? Here's mine.

Know that the next year will surpass all others.

"Oh passion-filled days, all steadfast and young, know that the next year will surpass all others, because it is new, and because it will be filled with moments that will remain unspoken of harsh and light, right along with your steady heart.
When we allow ourselves the sweetness of now, we may have all of the adventures that life has to offer in the coming year—if we are so fortunate as to have one."