hannah’s flowers: crystals, polka dots, and a color explosion!

This is a bouquet I made for Hannah and Joel’s wedding this August in Ballymena, Ireland. We’ve communicated over nearly a year sharing Pinterest boards, fabric swatches, and lots of ideas, and I’ve got to say hers is one of the more embellished and colorful bouquets I’ve done. It’s like an explosion of candy buttons and happy energy for their casual handmade Irish wedding!

See more photos from Hannah and Joel’s flowers here in their Flickr set!

*note: I edited these photos with Flickr’s new in-app editor, Aviary, after the closure of Picnik (boo!). Still trying to figure out what new program I want to use…what do you like?

6 − four =

22 thoughts on “hannah’s flowers: crystals, polka dots, and a color explosion!”

1. shelby says:

i was catching up on some posts and thought that blue bouquet was maybe my favorite but then i saw this and gasped. hands down this is my favorite ever!

2. Bethany says:

Absolutely Icredible!!!! And very GREEN!!!!!

3. Megan O'Dea says:

I’m in LOVE with this color explosion!!

4. Dreaming Bear says:

Fabulous!!!! I love everything you do, but this just might be my fave! And so fun to see pics of you and your little “assistant.” Happy Mom’s Day!

1. thanks a lot! I should post more. :) have a great week.

5. Ashly says:

Your bouquets are so fun and this one is simply stunning!!! I use, and love, pixlr.com. There is a full version, as well as, an express version. I promise it would take you 3 minutes to figure out how to rock all the features. Give it the time! :)

6. karen says:

I love all of the embellishments. There’s so much to see, like taking in all of the little detais and nuances of a painting. This is not my palette, but I would sure love to see other Lasertron bouquets tricked-out like this one. Absolutely stunning.

7. Zoe says:

the colour…. KAPOW!!! :D Congrats to Hannah and to the wonderful Pricess Lasertron team for making these! :)

8. Tina says:

Just beautiful. Your embroidery is exquisite! :)

9. LOVE this so much, so detailed, colourful and pretty!

10. Jessica says:

Wow wow wow! Loving these colors!

11. This is by far my favorite of your bouquets. The detail is phenomenal!

12. taryn says:

LOVE LOVE!

try picMonkey :) it’s pretty similar to picnik and has cool edits and such. i think it’s pretty sweet!

1. my mom is really liking picmonkey–I gotta see if I can import stuff from flickr into it.

13. Mary B. says:

That bouquet is the perfect shot of cheerfulness! The world needs more vibrant candy-coloured bits of beauty in it. I think this is one of your best.

1. thanks mary–I’m glad to add a little more color to the world. :)

14. Megan Hebel says:

This has to be one of my FAVORITE bouquets you’ve ever done! <3

15. Renee says:

Stunning as always. I’m finding that using the google+ photo (which is where picnik went) is still fulfilling all my photo needs :) I don’t think it has ALL the same stuff, but it’s better than nothing at all!

1. I know, I’ve gotta try that out! I just hate that I can’t import from flickr.

16. Amanda says:

Picmonkey is as easy to use as Picnik was, but with a lot more cool features available for free. Aviary is a lot more advanced, but a bit difficult to learn, especially if you’re used to the way other photo editors word/organize things

× three = 15

What would you do with a billion dollars?

Lately Sarah and I were talking about how much a million is, how much a billion is. The most striking thing I read recently that put it into perspective was that a million seconds is about a week and a half, but a billion seconds is nearly 32 years. Sarah asked me, what would I…

2014, in list form.

Wise people always say not to focus on the negative. It turns out that that's good advice, because there's a lot of positive out there. I was in a depressy mood last week depressing to my friend/advisor/midnight oil hero Jason about something I typically depress about, and when we started talking about what was good this year instead of bad, it felt like a much more successful year. Wildly so. Adventurous. Daring. Extraordinary. Fortuitous. And not nearly all work-related. My intention for 2015 is "less surviving, more living," but I sure did squeeze a lot of life out of the past year or so. 2014 is going down in history. Why not make a list? Here's mine.

Know that the next year will surpass all others.

"Oh passion-filled days, all steadfast and young, know that the next year will surpass all others, because it is new, and because it will be filled with moments that will remain unspoken of harsh and light, right along with your steady heart.
When we allow ourselves the sweetness of now, we may have all of the adventures that life has to offer in the coming year—if we are so fortunate as to have one."