hannah’s flowers: crystals, polka dots, and a color explosion!

This is a bouquet I made for Hannah and Joel’s wedding this August in Ballymena, Ireland. We’ve communicated over nearly a year sharing Pinterest boards, fabric swatches, and lots of ideas, and I’ve got to say hers is one of the more embellished and colorful bouquets I’ve done. It’s like an explosion of candy buttons and happy energy for their casual handmade Irish wedding!

See more photos from Hannah and Joel’s flowers here in their Flickr set!

*note: I edited these photos with Flickr’s new in-app editor, Aviary, after the closure of Picnik (boo!). Still trying to figure out what new program I want to use…what do you like?

5 × five =

22 thoughts on “hannah’s flowers: crystals, polka dots, and a color explosion!”

1. shelby says:

i was catching up on some posts and thought that blue bouquet was maybe my favorite but then i saw this and gasped. hands down this is my favorite ever!

2. Bethany says:

Absolutely Icredible!!!! And very GREEN!!!!!

3. Megan O'Dea says:

I’m in LOVE with this color explosion!!

4. Dreaming Bear says:

Fabulous!!!! I love everything you do, but this just might be my fave! And so fun to see pics of you and your little “assistant.” Happy Mom’s Day!

1. thanks a lot! I should post more. :) have a great week.

5. Ashly says:

Your bouquets are so fun and this one is simply stunning!!! I use, and love, pixlr.com. There is a full version, as well as, an express version. I promise it would take you 3 minutes to figure out how to rock all the features. Give it the time! :)

6. karen says:

I love all of the embellishments. There’s so much to see, like taking in all of the little detais and nuances of a painting. This is not my palette, but I would sure love to see other Lasertron bouquets tricked-out like this one. Absolutely stunning.

7. Zoe says:

the colour…. KAPOW!!! :D Congrats to Hannah and to the wonderful Pricess Lasertron team for making these! :)

8. Tina says:

Just beautiful. Your embroidery is exquisite! :)

9. LOVE this so much, so detailed, colourful and pretty!

10. Jessica says:

Wow wow wow! Loving these colors!

11. This is by far my favorite of your bouquets. The detail is phenomenal!

12. taryn says:

LOVE LOVE!

try picMonkey :) it’s pretty similar to picnik and has cool edits and such. i think it’s pretty sweet!

1. my mom is really liking picmonkey–I gotta see if I can import stuff from flickr into it.

13. Mary B. says:

That bouquet is the perfect shot of cheerfulness! The world needs more vibrant candy-coloured bits of beauty in it. I think this is one of your best.

1. thanks mary–I’m glad to add a little more color to the world. :)

14. Megan Hebel says:

This has to be one of my FAVORITE bouquets you’ve ever done! <3

15. Renee says:

Stunning as always. I’m finding that using the google+ photo (which is where picnik went) is still fulfilling all my photo needs :) I don’t think it has ALL the same stuff, but it’s better than nothing at all!

1. I know, I’ve gotta try that out! I just hate that I can’t import from flickr.

16. Amanda says:

Picmonkey is as easy to use as Picnik was, but with a lot more cool features available for free. Aviary is a lot more advanced, but a bit difficult to learn, especially if you’re used to the way other photo editors word/organize things

× 1 = seven

Things

I love my apartment so much. I'm near all my favorite restaurants, less than a block away from my office, and everything is exactly how I like it. I just cleaned and polished all my wood floors and today Alice washed all the windows. I enjoy taking care of my things and maintaining the space. Every thing is a nice thing, every thing feels more luxurious, and you want fewer things, when you care for what you have.

Creep on my apartment, a haven for all things feminine.

I just finished a particularly heavy cleaning session with Alice and wanted to share. It seems like 4 1/2 is when they really start getting useful...she did a GREAT job cleaning the dishes, wood floors, windows, tabletops, mirrors, and dusting. I just organized and folded laundry. New Airbnb guest (a radio DJ!) coming tomorrow, and we can't wait to host her. Until then, take a look. I love where I live.

Tuesday Bassen x Hello Holiday launches TODAY!

We’re SUPER excited to announce our collaboration with L.A.-based illustrator and designer Tuesday Bassen launching TOMORROW, February 13. Our local customers in Omaha, Nebraska can come to our showroom and offices at 5008 Underwood Avenue to meet Tuesday (who’s flying in from L.A.!) and get a free limited-edition HHxTB tote bag with any purchase from the collection.…

Startup Weekend Nebraska: Sign up time!

I’m excited to be on the organizational team for Startup Weekend Nebraska along with a bunch of other heavy hitters from the region, and it’s finally time to sign up and get your tickets! Startup Weekend Nebraska is a 54-hour event in which developers, designers and marketers pitch ideas for new products or companies, form…

Airbnb Loves Omaha <3

Right now I’m at my apartment folding and ironing sheets during my break at work to get ready for an Airbnb guest I have coming this Thursday. Her name is Jillian and she’s an event coordinator who is coming to Omaha to scout locations for a big project she’s working on, and I can’t wait to get to know her better while she’s crashing in my second bedroom.