1. Read Sarah’s post on Fash Flood about the photoshoot she styled at Rosenblatt Stadium here in Omaha. I was gonna do a post about it, but Sarah’s is perfect and there’s no way I could improve on it. Lots of the pieces from the shoot are going to be for sale at Hello Holiday, and the photographer Amy Lynn is going to be behind the lens for all of our photoshoots.
2. Turbo can’t resist rolling all over a fresh pair of clean sheets and leaving his long, fluffy fur all over them. Clean sheets last about three days in our house before they’re too covered in hair for me to bear. The 100+ degree weather isn’t helping poor kittyboy either!
3. It’s been so hot outside that we’ve been playing more inside during the day. I forgot that I had these fingerpaints, and a long roll of paper that I bought at IKEA before Alice was born.
4. I really need to get a sprinkler.
5. I’m making flowers like these for a Hong Kong bride with a wedding in August. I’ve never tried to do anything like this and I don’t know why not–it’s easy to find vintage earrings with piles of pearls like this, but I’ve never sewn a bunch to a flower center. It’s fun to do, and I have a ton of pearls to use up right now.
6. Dave’s going biking at 8am in the morning so that means no sleeping in for me. It’s almost 4am now and I am so sleep-deprived from the last few weeks of working that I’ve just been feeling permanently foggy for days. Do you ever just feel ALWAYS tired? Even when you get enough hours of sleep? How do you fix that?