berlin bound

All I’m working for right now are tickets to go back here.

× 6 = forty two

6 thoughts on “berlin bound”

1. Breanna Conklin says:

I’d love to meet you there, Megan. What do you say?

2. Maike's Marvels says:

Bleib Treu = be true. You are such an example of being true to your dreams that I am sure you will be in Berlin before you know it.

3. Prue says:

Megan, I’m traveling to Berlin for a week with my almost 2-year-old daughter inJanuary. I know there is much to see in the city but most people talk about the nightlife and the clubs, etc – I can’t seem to find any good resources on things to do with a toddler. What are you looking forward to doing with Alice? Any recommendations?

4. Sarah says:

We have just arrived in New Zealand for a 3 month stay, it’s taken a lot of planning with two young kids but its an adventure. And we think will be worth all the saving and planning. I hope you make your dream come true soon.

5. Ally says:

Would love to read a post about your plans are to make this happen.
    Aka Logistics.
    I think a lot of us, would LOVE to live abroad, but the logisitcs on things like health insurance, visas, jobs!, renting your home etc make it seem impossible.
    Anyways, Congrats and I hope it becomes a reality for you very soon!

1. Tally says:

Exactly, Ally! How do we shift everything over to a new place? Or manage things back home from a distance? Moving locally is enough of a hassle that it’s tough to image doing that on a bigger scale. Maybe the fantastic Chris Guillebeau has tips on this sort of thing?

+ 9 = seventeen

Creep on my apartment, a haven for all things feminine.

I just finished a particularly heavy cleaning session with Alice and wanted to share. It seems like 4 1/2 is when they really start getting useful...she did a GREAT job cleaning the dishes, wood floors, windows, tabletops, mirrors, and dusting. I just organized and folded laundry. New Airbnb guest (a radio DJ!) coming tomorrow, and we can't wait to host her. Until then, take a look. I love where I live.

Tuesday Bassen x Hello Holiday launches TODAY!

We’re SUPER excited to announce our collaboration with L.A.-based illustrator and designer Tuesday Bassen launching TOMORROW, February 13. Our local customers in Omaha, Nebraska can come to our showroom and offices at 5008 Underwood Avenue to meet Tuesday (who’s flying in from L.A.!) and get a free limited-edition HHxTB tote bag with any purchase from the collection.…

Startup Weekend Nebraska: Sign up time!

I’m excited to be on the organizational team for Startup Weekend Nebraska along with a bunch of other heavy hitters from the region, and it’s finally time to sign up and get your tickets! Startup Weekend Nebraska is a 54-hour event in which developers, designers and marketers pitch ideas for new products or companies, form…

Airbnb Loves Omaha <3

Right now I’m at my apartment folding and ironing sheets during my break at work to get ready for an Airbnb guest I have coming this Thursday. Her name is Jillian and she’s an event coordinator who is coming to Omaha to scout locations for a big project she’s working on, and I can’t wait to get to know her better while she’s crashing in my second bedroom.

Single Dating

One thing that you have to accept when you date someone with a child is that that child will always come before you. She will always be the most important person to the parent you are dating. Before I had a child, I probably never would have dated a parent, because I definitely wanted to build a life with someone who could go all-in with me. I wanted someone who I could have all to myself, to grow together, focused on each other.