Happy Birthday Dear Sarah
November 15, 2012
Today is my business partner’s birthday and to honor her 28 years of bringing kindness, compassion, and a lot of fart jokes to the world I want to share ten things I learned about Sarah this year that I admire so much:
- Sarah is an incredible listener and never makes anyone feel bad about what they’re going through. She respects people’s feelings and offers compassion and perspective to every situation.
- Â I love Sarah’s experimental personal style. She never worries about what other people think and she broadcasts positivity and confidence. To her, every day is a day to dress up and face the world with her best foot forward.
- Sarah is never stubborn. She adapts to change and turns every unexpected turn into an exciting surprise.
- Every night working late in the office, a certain point of no return is reached where everything we say to each other is sung in R&B style. I’m gonna print these packing slips girrrlll, I’m gonna print em up and down. I love that she isn’t afraid to be uncool.
- Sarah wears color every day. Her life is a daily damn celebration.
- I love that Sarah never makes people feel bad for being themselves. I never feel like I’m letting her down by being honest. She lets people have space to grow instead of smothering them with expectations.
- Sarah is truly self-confident and believes in the beauty of All The Women.
- I love Sarah’s self-awareness and that she works deliberately toward personal growth. She’s not the kind of person who thinks she’s got everything figured out, and I really admire that in a person.
- I love a friend who’s not above a little gossip. I appreciate being clued in as to everything going on. We are grandmas.
- Sarah is one of the funniest girls I know. Every road trip to market and late night at work is full of uncontrollable laughter and crazy situations that I’ll remember forever. And thanks, Sarah, for always being the lookout.
Happy birthday my dear friend. I’m glad you were born.