Posted on May, 01. 2013 Category in my journal Tags
1. You can’t ever go wrong with Brave Girls Club, right? I got to meet one of the founders, Melody Ross, at The Creative Connection conference about a year and a half ago. Her positivity and kindness is still an inspiration to me. My mom sent me this email from their mailing list. I don’t know if you can make out the text in this screenshot, but you can read the full version here. 2. No need for complicated philosophies.
3. “Can’t u see I’m knee deep in these Cheetos reading Aaron Carter’s favstar?” 4. This year’s lineup for Big Omaha is literally. actually. truly. 100%. the best lineup for any conference I’ve been to, and any one that SPN has produced yet. When I heard they booked Cindy Gallop, I cried tears of happiness. I also can’t wait to meet Anil Dash–I’ve been reading his blog since the 90s. Get a ticket to this. It’s also on my birthday so there’s that–I’m secretly telling myself that they booked Cindy and Anil as a personal gift to me.
5. Last week I went to Chicago to finish writing my book. I was proud of myself for traveling with one bag for the first time. I did pack a whole set of hot rollers. 6. Southwest can’t be beat. Gimme that full can of soda. Before landing, the flight attendant handed out Twizzlers, too!
7. In Chicago I stayed with my writer/musician friend Eric, and we watched American Juggalo and the Whites of West Virginia six times. 8. Tasteful little bathroom selfie 4u. At Pick Me Up Cafe, my favorite restaurant in Chicago. (I get the french toast.)
9. Good advice. 10. I’ve had this album on repeat now for about three weeks. I’m way overdue for a new shot of dance pop to obsess about, and Icona Pop’s Iconic EP manages to scratch my itch for in-office dance parties plus a healthy dose of girl power.
11. Author Chris Guillebeau sent me this–I assume it’s an excerpt from one of his books? 12. Somebody spray painted this right outside my office.
13. A drawing from Alice titled “Lady.” 14. Love this little doodle from ellolovely.
My friend and great photographer Justin Limoges spent the weekend with me taking photos of the final projects for my craft book coming out in the Spring of next year. So that’s pretty far off, but the past year I spent designing and making and photographing these projects went by in a flash. I can’t share any sneak peeks of the projects yet,
And a shot of my life coach Sarah and spiritual guide Rebecca who helped me with styling and modeling for all of the wearable projects. I really have had the best team at my side through this whole process.
Tonight I have to finish the writing, which entails going through all of the tutorials I’ve created and fixing all of the errors in the instructions that I discovered when I made each project. After that the hard work is done.
The hard work is done.
(And on to more hard work!)
Posted on Apr, 23. 2013 Category the big days Tags
This order was a pretty quick turnaround job that I put together in the last week for Melissa’s upcoming wedding in Western Australia. It’s taking place in September with sort of a rockabilly pin-up theme. I used she and her fiancee’s colors of hot pink, black, and white, plus plenty of bling-y vintage buttons.
Congratulations, you two, and I can’t wait to see the photos. You dear readers can see the rest of their flowers in their Flickr set, and if you’re interested in getting a bouquet or boutonniere of your own, head on over to the bridal inquiry form and I’ll get back to you about it!