Posted on Jun, 20. 2008 Category the big days Tags
This is the earliest I’ve been awake in weeks.
I conked out last night around 10. TOTALLY UNHEARD OF for me. I don’t think I’ve gone to sleep by 10pm since I was six months old.
In this month’s Real Simple that just arrive at my house, the question of the month is, “What are the top three things on your lifelong to-do list?” There were lots of good answers.
I realized that I hadn’t really thought about that question yet. So here I go.
1. Love the way my house looks.
2. Run for office. Maybe just local office. Being on the Omaha city council would be a lot of responsibility. I carry a huge Libertarian torch, if you didn’t know.
3. Overcome my greatest fear–trying new foods. Honestly, this is a little too scary for me to even think about wanting to do now. I’m not sure I’ll get to it before I kick the bucket.
4. Give someone younger than me something that I always wanted. Lots of different times.
5. Hold my children. And their children. And their children!
6. Stay beautiful.
7. Keep up with the German. Ideally I’d love to forgo things like a house and a second car so we can go to Europe every year.
What about stuff I hope not to do before I die?
1. Quote Monty Python sketches to get someone to like me. That’s no way to do it.
2. Drunk karaoke. Oh, too late.
3. Be a bully
4. Ruin someone’s special day.
5. Be proud to be ignorant of something.
6. Drive after I’ve been drinking.
7. Photocopy my butt.
Posted on Jun, 18. 2008 Category grab bag Tags
I woke up today and got dressed.
Tidied up the kitchen again.
Then went to do errands.
Omaha has its first FOREVER 21 store now. So I am on debtwatch. visawatch. SPENDwatch. because I can easily spend every cent in my checking account there in one day.
I stopped by to see it this afternoon at the mall. The line to check out was OUT THE DOOR. And I did buy some things.
and a black eyelet shift dress. Total: Under $40. That’s soooooooo sweatshop.
Tonight I cleaned the kitchen up again.
This is a good routine. If I give it a wipe every morning at breakfast and every night while I’m doing dinner, it stays clean.
here’s me and that eagle scout. thanks for the picture, mom!
Posted on Jun, 18. 2008 Category around the house Tags
Today I woke up early….ish.
Early enough to watch Martha at 1 while I worked on some orders.
During the celebrity gossip show that’s between Martha and Dr. Phil I got dressed and did my hair and cleaned the bathroom.
Then I went to go pick Dave up from work to go to my brother’s Eagle ceremony.
It was really fabulous. The crew members of the USS Nebraska were there, and they presented Matt with a special secret Navy coin medallion thing, and an American flag that was flown in his honor while they were at sea last year.
The mayor presented Matt with the key to the city. (I don’t even have one of those…) I can post photos of all of this tomorrow when my mom sends me the photos. (I cant find my camera ANYWHERE.)
All of our friends and family and all the Boy Scouts were there. I met one man whose wife was the former owner of a popular local toy store that really sold the same types of high quality, heirloom toys that I want to get into.
Apparently she has been looking for a partner. We had a VERY good conversation and I am going to meet with them soon for wine and talks…hopefully good talks.
Tomorrow is when I go to the SCORE Nebraska office to talk to a small business counselor about my toy store.
Isn’t everything just happening.
Tonight I shined my sink.
It looked way worse before. Like, unexplainable black marks and yellow stains. I think I will feel better every morning walking downstairs to see….a shiny sink.
And I made lunch for my favorite boy.
Food pictures always look kinda gross to me. Like, wow, isn’t that beige?
I think it will taste okay though. ..crispy tofu sauteed with yellow pepper and asparagus. and then mixed with brownnnnnnnnnn pasta. With browwnnnnnnnnnnn bread. And apples and peanut butter.
He is the good eater in the family.